SaDiLegno Method originates from the designing, building and living in the environmentally sustainable wooden house. This house is inside an imaginary ring with its centre in the forest in Val Cesarina (UD) where the 43 trees used for the house were located. In this ring, there are all the enterprises, which transformed the wood into house, furniture and biomass.
12 kilometers is the radius of the sustainability ring, which means the area inside where an environmentally sustainable house was built, because in this way you may measure its impact on the environment and on the local business during all the manufacturing connecting the wood to the market
- Sadilegno products should tell their story, the hands and feelings of the artisans, the areas where they were produced just to the shipment to an aware client. The importance of these products is not hidden, but it is the work made by an artisan able to appraise a row material;
- environmental costs should be calculated during all the manufacturing process from the cradle to the grave according to the LCA method. In this way the client could compare the environmental benefits beside a product come from further away;
- products should be traced, namely it should be possible to describe the process which links them to the trees and to the enterprises making them;
- written texts and photos, should tell manufacturing steps connecting the wood to the market;
- everyone could go back from the product to the tree;
- the quality of technical characteristics, which affects the quality of the products according to the QFD;
Moreover, SaDiLegno Method creates a new aware client, who experiences every steps of manufacturing connecting the wood to the market, becoming a part of this process.
Sadilegno method is for:
- citizens, who would like to experience the building of the environmentally sustainable wooden house and its furniture, that is the production of beautiful wooden objects with a very low environmental impact and low management fees;
- enterprises, which would like to value its traditions and know-how using local natural resources and respecting the health and the environment, with a partnership with other enterprises. Sadilegno method is the reference point of 12-to-many business network.
12-to-many aimed at becoming the model of a business network using Sadilegno method also for enterprises working other local raw materials. It is the base of the first business network connecting the wood to the market in the high part of Carnia to produce for the Italian and international market innovative wooden products. These products has a high economic value and a low social and environmental impact. To produce them they use wood and local enterprises tracing the productive process..
- local raw material
- the forests, where the wood comes from, are the centre of the sustainability ring, where the all manufacturing process is made;
- the participation of every enterprise of the network to produce wooden objects;
- the measure of the environmental impact of the manufacturing process connecting the wood to the market, according to a scientific method certified by ENEA (Italian National Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development) and based on LCA. In this way the client could compare the environmental benefits beside a product coming from further away;
- the measure of the market value and the competitive benefits of products according to a scientific method certified by ENEA (Italian National Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development) and based on QLD employed for business networks.
The 12-to-Many Model, could be adopted by enterprises, professional associations and public administration, which believe that a business network is an instrument to enhance local environmental resources and know-how for a truly sustainability..
Scarica la "Politica PEFC della Rete di Imprese 12-to-Many (12/IT-01-01)"
PEFC is the biggest independent organization for forest certificates. It certifies the compliance to the environmental sustainability requirements in forest management.
PEFC is the only global certificate based on agreement between States and on international approved processes. It aimed at:
- keeping or improving the biodiversity;
- supporting the needs of ecosystems;
- verifying the origin of wooden raw materials;
- cutting down the trees respecting natural development rhythm of the forest;
- guaranteeing the regeneration of the forests;
- substituting natural methods to chemicals or reducing the use of chemicals;
- improving local employment and safeguarding labor rights;
- respecting local traditions
The certificate Sustainable forest management (SFM) guarantees the compliance to international laws. The certificate Chain of Custody CoC guarantees that the wood and fibers, coming from the forest, may be branded and traceable in the following steps of the manufacturing process. In this way, the product is sold as originated in the SFM forest.
The SFM and the Chain of Custody CoC are symbols of ethic engagement for the environment and they are a marketing instrument for:
- the owner of the forest to certify the sustainable management of their forest resources;
- the enterprises, which could use a certification system adopted by European Parliament and the widest availability of certified wooden in the world;
- the client, who purchases PEFC products coming from certified forests.